PROTECTING YOUR DATA ON OUR WEBSITE
Last updated: 24th May 2018
Premier Skills Academy trades at 3 Sparrowswick Ride, St Albans, Herts, AL3 6DR. We know that you care how information about you is stored, used and shared and we appreciate your trust in us to do that carefully and sensibly. This notice describes our means of storing your data, using your data, and protecting your data.
This policy will explain:
- What data we may collect about you
- How we collect your personal data
- What we do with your data
- Where we store your data
- How we keep your data secure
- Whether we share your data anywhere else
- The cookies we use and how you can reject these cookies
- Your rights in relation to your data
THE DATA WE MAY COLLECT
INFORMATION YOU VOLUNTARILY PROVIDE
- If you contact us (by phone, email or through the Website) with an enquiry or in response to any communication from us, we may keep a record of that correspondence for three years in case we need to contact you in relation to the issue for which you contacted us, for operational performance improvement and/or nuisance caller management. We will not use it for marketing purposes.
- When you register to use our service or product, via the Website or flyers, in which case this may include your contact details, your child’s name, date of birth, and medical details, how you will pay for the product or service and your bank details
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOUR DEVICE
When you use the Website, Newsletters and interact with our Services, we may use technology such as that provided by Google Analytics and Active Campaign to collect information about your visit to our Website, Booking Software, and use of our Newsletters. In essence, these tools enable us to analyse how you and others interact with our Website, Booking Software, and Newsletters. The information we collect may include:
- your IP address;
- the type of browser you use (e.g. are you using the Chrome or Safari browser?);
- the number of sessions per browser on each device;
- the type of device (e.g. Apple) and operating system (e.g. iOS) you are using;
- if you opened our newsletters;
- user preferences;
- actions performed on our website; and
- which pages you visited.
WHAT WE DO WITH YOUR DATA
Personal Data about our customers is an important part of our business and we shall only use your Personal Data for the following purposes, and shall not keep such Personal Data longer than is necessary to fulfil these purposes:
- To help us to identify you when you contact us.
- To help us to identify accounts, services and/or products which you could have from us, or selected partners, from time to time. We may do this by automatic means using a scoring system, which uses the Personal Data you have provided and/or any information we hold about you and Personal Data from third party agencies (including credit reference agencies).
- To help us to administer and to contact you about improved administration of any accounts, services, and products we provide.
- To allow us to carry out marketing analysis and customer profiling (including with transactional information), conduct research, including creating statistical and testing information.
- To help to prevent and detect fraud or loss.
- To provide you with marketing information about products and services, offered by the academy you receive our products or service from, Premier Skills Academy, and selected partners, unless you have previously asked us not to do so.
- To provide you with educational training emails, for each of the weeks you are subscribed to us.
- To communicate with you about your use of our services via WhatsApp
- We may monitor and record communications with you (including phone conversations and emails) for quality assurance and compliance.
You have the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for the use of your personal data for purposes other than those listed above.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR DATA
We may store your information, when required, physically and electronically.
- Your data may be stored physically in the forms of registers and mandate forms.
- We do not store your data physically without your knowledge.
- If we obtain your data physically, it will be destroyed after two weeks, or earlier at your request. We may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal data to you.
- Your personal data will be stored in our database at www.premierskillsacademy.com.
- Your contact information (name and phone number) will be stored on our WhatsApp mobile phone.
- We destroy any personal data we have of you, in our Booking Software and Active Campaign, 3 years after your final use of our product or service. WhatsApp conversations will be deleted after the conversations have ended.
Some of our services and/or products require us to create an electronic spreadsheet with the personal data you provide through one of our third parties. This information is stored so we can gain a better understanding of you as the customer, and offer you a better user experience when using our service and/or product. We may keep the spreadsheet for two months after you have used our service and/or product. Your information can be deleted at your request.
WHERE WE SHARE YOUR DATA
We may allow other people and organisations to use Personal data we hold about you in the following circumstances:
- If we, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired or are in the process of being acquired by a third party, in which case Personal data held by us, about our customers, will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request.
- We employ companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf, and we may disclose your Personal Data to these parties to carry out our purposes stated in the What We Do With Your Data section, or, for example, for fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and email, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links) and providing customer service. Those parties are bound by strict contractual provisions with us and only have access to Personal data needed to perform their functions, and may not use it for other purposes.
- From time to time, the information that we collect from you may be processed outside the European Economic Area (EEA), but we have ensured that there is an adequate level of protection for such information.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
Your Personal Data is disclosed to our employees, on “a need to know” basis and we confirm that all such persons understand the importance of client confidentiality and privacy.
Your Personal Data may be used to contact you, to perform the fulfilment or payment of any bookings made by you via our Booking Software.
Below is a non-exhaustive list of third parties we work with. We may work with third parties not listed below or stop working with the third parties listed below.
|Name||Why we work with them|
|Google Analytics -||To monitor Website performance and user experience.|
|Google Apps -||To process emails, create spreadsheets and word documents|
|WhattsApp -||To contact parents for information, such as time of matches, who is available and upcoming events.|
|GoCardless.com -||Authorise direct debit payments from your bank account. Your personal bank details are not visible to the staff of Premier Skills Academy.|
HOW WE KEEP YOUR DATA SAFE
We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any third parties, apart from the parties listed in the table above. We have strict security measures to protect Personal Data.
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- WhatsApp messages are encrypted, so any information you share with us will not be read by others.
COOKIES AND PIXELS
‘Cookies’ are small pieces of data that are stored on your computer, mobile phone or other devices, to recognise your browser and record how you have used a website. Pixels are small blocks of code on web pages or emails that do things like allow another server to measure viewing of a web page or email and are often used in connection with cookies.
Please refer to your device’s help material to learn what controls you can use to remove or block cookies. Your device may have third-party add-ons that can add, disable or delete cookies. We are not responsible for these third-party add-ons, or the cookies they may place in your browser.
THIRD PARTY ADVERTISING
As of yet Premier Skills Academy has never used or allowed a third party to advertise their service/product. In the event this changes, the Website may include third-party advertising and links to other websites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer Personal Data to these advertisers or third-party websites.
We are not responsible for the loss that you may incur when using these third party websites.
It is important to us that you are able to control your personal information.
If you want to stop using the Website, Newsletters and our Services, you may do so. If you do, you may also want to remove any cookies that we have placed on any device used to access the Website, Newsletters and our Services.
CHANGES TO OUR POLICY
If You wish to make a complaint about the Website, Booking Software, our Services, or any associated matter, you may contact us by telephone, email, or letter. Wherever possible, complaints will be dealt with promptly, and you will receive a response under 30 working days.